Sunday, June 17, 2012

Before You Call, I Will Answer

Years ago I bought an interesting book on prayer that I have read several times over the years - it's that good. I recently pulled it out again. From time to time I need to be reminded that God has a plan bigger than my vision or prayers. 

Before You Call, I Will Answer, a book about prayer, also includes some prayers by the author, David A. Redding.

Here is one of them:

Your sunlight is something else
since we've been under a cloud so long.
Perhaps it takes a prisoner
to appreciate freedom,
a loser to love victory,
and people who have been astray
to be eager to find the Way,
the Truth, and the Life.

Fervently do we pray,
that it won't be necessary
for us to have to get hurt
to enjoy health, or to
lose an eye to be glad
for the other one.
Forbid that our loved ones
will have to be taken away from us
before we find how dear they are.

Keep us from taking anything
for granted,
from depreciating what we have
by always wanting more.
Teach us how to take everything with love
so we can give something
with power
as He did with glory.

From Before You Call I Will Answer (p. 41) by David A. Redding




No comments:

Post a Comment