Monday, June 4, 2012

HARD Spring Gardening

Dandelion season is almost over (till they resurface again in fall). So now I am turning to another kind of hard work...














Thanks to our warm but also rainy spring, the flowers have been growing amazingly well. And the weeds have too!














 So now I am faced with an overgrown garden bed that needs weeding.














I often neglect this corner of the yard. Next to the field, it has a life of its own - picking up seeds that blow in the wind.














Two hours later, it looks a little tidier... I've moved two hostas and some sedum to fill the space created when I pulled out the weeds.














 Nearby, I tackle another overgrown part of the yard overrun by crab grass. After pulling out the grass, I move several more hosta plants and a bunch of sedum. I wonder how it will do under the pine tree. The lily of the valley and tiger lilies thrive there. I think I need to invest in a few more plants that tolerate the acidity created by the pines.














That looks better! But I wonder how long it will remain weed-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment