Tuesday, June 5, 2012

More HARD Gardening

Another problem I have been trying to deal with is grass sprouting up amid bunches of flowers.














 I asked an experienced gardener how she dealt with the problem.














 Her answer: Dig out the bunch of flowers and soak it in a container of water for about 10 minutes. The grass comes out easily when it is wet.














So I tried it... with mixed success. The grass rarely came out easily, unless I split the bunch as well. That untangled the inter-twining roots, I guess.














It definitely was a lot of work - but afterwards the garden did look better!

My next HARD GARDENING task is to separate plants that have grown and are now crowding each other out. Too much success can also creates problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment