Monday, July 26, 2010

Thankful for...

Sometimes I hear something that makes me very THANKFUL for what I have...














Here in Canada I often forget to be thankful for simple essentials like... WATER.














(In fact, most years we get so much rain that we actually COMPLAIN about it, forgetting what a precious resource it really is!)

But recently a traveling friend sent an email about her summer holidays and mentioned an airport adventure:

"I had to go via Dubai and had a 3 hour stopover there. None of the toilets in the whole of Dubai airport were working, due to there being no water to flush them with, which made for an interesting 3 hours and a lot of people walking around looking extremely worried. "

Hmmmmm. I can't even begin to imagine!! It never occurred to me that our water-based sanitation system would pose such a problem in desert countries...

(They would probably shut the airport down if that happened here in Ottawa!)

In our part of Canada, we have had a lovely hot, sunny summer so far...

Now when it does cloud over and begin to rain, I promise not to complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment