Friday, July 30, 2010

My July Garden

I usually enjoy my July garden from indoors - because of the hot weather - so July is the month that the garden grows out of control!














Our high humidity often makes the temperature seem a lot hotter than it is. The bees also keep me at bay! The flowers, on the other hand, love the humidity and don't mind the bees!














I focus on eliminating weeds and trimming back wild vines - leaving the flowers to grow like mad!














In early July, the white daisies were in full bloom...

Then the yellow arrived...


















This year a very exotic-looking yellow lily surprised me when it flowered... Where did it come from? Then I remember it was a gift from a colleague of Terry's (who owns Sunlight Gardens nursery out of town near Almonte).














My favorite July flowers are the phlox. Every year I divide them, so now they bloom all around the yard....














I love the pink and mauve...














The red ones don't really match with the mauve, but they do add a splash of color.














The white ones seem to glow against the green leaves.














My pictures don't do them justice! They have a radiance that cheers me from dawn to dusk.














I'm always happy when new plants thrive... like this echinacea which I bought last year...














And then there is my latest garden addition - a dozen tomato plants a neighbor gave me! I have to water them daily...

And after all that work, I wonder if we'll actually eat any tomatoes ... Or will some little critters beat us to them?!

No comments:

Post a Comment