Monday, May 24, 2010

Thankful!

Summer is here - and every day when I open the new storm doors - I'm THANKFUL for the light they bring in. (We installed two last fall - one in the front and one in the back.)


















It's like having two more large windows in the house!

I'm also THANKFUL for the flowers in bloom, like...














Anemones (with the variegated purple lamium behind them)...














Here is a close-up of an anemone, its golden center resembling a crown...

I bought a small lamium plant a few years ago at a yard sale, and it is now growing into an ever-expanding mound. I moved some of it last year, and I will probably divide it again.














Here is a close-up of a lamium flower..














Galium, this ground cover with white flowers is spreading under a tree.














And this shiny ivy - which is taking over part of my back flower bed - is currently in bloom with tiny flowers.














As I puzzle over the names of flowers (and weeds), I'm also THANKFUL for Rob, my knowledgeable neighbor, who usually comes to my rescue and tells me what are called!

No comments:

Post a Comment