Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Construction Update

Our neighborhood is still a maze of holes, rock piles and machinery. Some days we have no idea how to get back home...














They have now dug another gigantic hole at the end of our street.














The first hole, a month or so ago, was to install new manholes. This hole, I think, is for pipes going into the manhole.

I have discovered (to my surprise) that metal beams lie under the road at intersections.














To drive onto our street, we have to drive on a narrow gravel track at the corner of our neighbors ditch. I wonder if he minds...














As I watch this construction project unfold, I'm trying to understand what they are doing. They installed the gigantic cement manhole stacks first.














...Now they are installing these large cement culverts...














...And, a few blocks away, these smaller blue (plastic) pipes. (I'm not sure what they are for.)...














Every time there's a new task, they have to dig up part of the street.

Hopefully it will all be done before winter arrives!

An encouraging sign: On some streets - those which were dug up last fall - there are markings that may be for sidewalks.














But there are other confusing sights I really don't understand!














Is the truck parked on top of the gravel to protect the gravel?! Or is it just someone's prank?!

No comments:

Post a Comment