Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I have always enjoyed Mother's Day - both as a child, and later as a mother...

Memories of breakfasts I prepared "to surprise" my mother... when I was young...

Then later, my children's "secret" plans to "surprise" me...

Family rituals that mean more (to me) than spa days or expensive gifts!














This year Mother's Day brought flowers and more memories...














... in the form of this book of authentic children's letters from camp... (Somewhere, I have similar letters written by my own children!)

But the best Mother's Day gift of all - talking to all my children this past week (in person or over the phone) - laughing with them - and knowing they are all fine!

3 comments:

  1. Marlene! Happy Belated Mother's Day :) I know what mother is getting that book next year - crack me up!!!

    ReplyDelete