Thursday, April 15, 2010

Taking Plants Outdoors

It may be too early, but I've done it!

Every October I bring large pots of plants indoors for the winter, where they survive until the spring, when I take them out again.

(I say survive because I sometimes forget to water them for several weeks, as they are tucked away in various corners of the house - Out of sight, out of mind! - And in some places, they don't get a lot of sun. So they don't usually grow very much over the winter.)














This year spring came early, so I took them out a few days ago... They really belong outdoors!

We haven't had frost for a while...Hopefully the veranda will protect them if the temperature does go down overnight.

They don't have any blooms yet. Maybe I should do what one of my friends does: stick plastic flowers into the soil amid the green leaves until the first blooms appear.

Flowers (even plastic ones that look real) have a way of cheering me up!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marlene,
    I could have written this post. LOL I am in the process of taking my plants back out, too, but keep forgetting to take the ones in our grandson's toy room out. We had a nice rain, so I have hopes the ones outside will pull through and do well again.

    Thanks for your compliments on my photography. I've never taken classes, but have read things other bloggers have said, such as trying to take photos when there is no direct sun, such as in the shade or when it's cloudy. I think I pay more attention to framing my photos than I used to, but I still get more that don't turn out so well than I do ones I like.

    Did you pick out your camera yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have looked at several and plan to get the Panasonic Lumix TZ10 - also known as the DMC ZS7 - when it goes on sale. (My husband has read dozens of reviews - which I don't have patience to do! - and has concluded that this one is really good.)Hopefully my pictures will improve when I get it!

    ReplyDelete