Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's a Little Boys' World Out There!

I remember when my sons were small - how they loved to watch large machines in action... Actually their father loved to take them so that he could watch, too!














So yesterday - when I heard big trucks rumbling down the street, I went out to investigate...














They had come to cut down a neighbor's dead tree. I should have gone over to watch - my husband said it was quite fascinating, how the robotic arm ripped off the dead branches, then picked them up and dropped them into the back of the truck... (They did have to cut down the trunk, however...)














Then turning, I noticed a large crane busy at work in the nearby soccer field...














A little farther own the street, roofers were busy at work...














And of course, there is the ongoing road construction at the end of the block!

What a pity there are no little boys around to enjoy it! It would have been EXCITEMENT OVERLOAD a few years back! My sons and their friends would have been rushing back and forth so as not to miss any of the action! It would have been a RED LETTER DAY!!

But it wasn't entirely wasted. The handful of retirees in the block - myself included - did enjoy stopping for a while to watch!

1 comment:

  1. One not-too-little girl mentioned to me that SHE loves to watch construction sites... so I sincerely apologize for the title... which is a little SEXIST... or reflective of my own family's interests.. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete