Friday, April 16, 2010

Retirement - Phase 1

Terry retired a couple of weeks ago and is entering phase 1 of retirement: sorting through the boxes of stuff he brought home.














He may decide to go back to work, some time in the future, teaching social workers instead of being one, so he doesn't want to throw away his resources. But for now, he is sorting through them, organizing.

One cute item caught my eye - it is useful for parents, adoptive parents, foster parents, babysitters - for anyone, in fact, who deals with toddlers:

Toddler Property Laws

1. If I like it, its mine.
2. If it's in my hands, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
6. If I'm doing or building something, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it looks just like mine, it is mine.

(It does bring back memories!)

No comments:

Post a Comment