Saturday, April 3, 2010

Keeping Medical Records

For years a calendar was all I needed to keep track of my family's medical history. I wrote down all doctors' appointments on the kitchen calendar - and kept it for reference when the year was over...

But when my mother moved across the country to live near us - almost 8 years ago - she needed a lot more medical attention, and I needed to have all her medical information at my fingertips.














That's when I created a medical notebook to keep track of her visits to doctors and dentists - their phone numbers and addresses - as well as all medication (prescribed or not) that she was taking. Her memory was failing... and mine wasn't getting any stronger!














I still use a calendar for myself - but when I can't find my old calendars - or I need more information - I wonder if it isn't time for me to make a little notebook for myself as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment