Friday, April 30, 2010

April Flower "Catalog"

I have a hard time remembering the names of plants... so I decided to create a monthly "catalog" of the flowers blooming in my garden... Hopefully I'll get the names right!

In early April - the very first blooms I saw were scillas.














(Thanks, Mary for looking it up when I mis-named them!)


















Not long afterward, the flowers of the ivy plant a neighbor gave me appeared... I'm not sure what kind of ivy it is.














But it grows so well it's slowly taking over my back flower bed!














Then the yellow daffodils... (Don't know why they seem to be facing down...)














And the yellow star-shaped flowers called tulip tarda... Also called Tawdra Tulips














The weeping cherry tree (Prunus Snow Fountain or Snow Fountain Cherry) started to bloom...














Mid-April the tulips bloomed...

It has been an amazing month!

No comments:

Post a Comment