Saturday, April 24, 2010

Me? A Shopaholic?

I'm not a shopaholic when it comes to clothes, shoes, or makeup. But I do like to buy books. And I have a SERIOUS PROBLEM resisting cute kitchen items when I see them - mugs in particular!














I don't know why it's so important for me to drink out of a particular mug - but it is! I have my favorites. The color and design of the cup - as well as the coffee in it - contribute to my sense of contentment when I sip my morning coffee!














I do get tired of using the same dishes day in and day out! I envy my Jewish friends who have two sets of dishes - one for meat meals, another for milk - and then two more sets for the week of Passover! I guess there's no reason why I couldn't have several sets of dishes as well - but lack of cupboard space does limit my purchases!

I've stopped buying small electric gadgets, as I've run out of counter space... But whenever I go into a kitchen supply store, I could easily buy one of everything there! (Even though I have no place to store it when I get home...)














Nowadays, when I go shopping - I justify my purchases (like these cute little tomato and onion holders I bought yesterday) by telling myself that my kids would like them - if I don't use them - and the extras I bought will make cute hostess gifts!

(Like all "addicts," I find good excuses for what I do!)

No comments:

Post a Comment