Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Little Thought...

Yesterday I read a request for prayer... for a group of people, some of whom had serious medical problems, others who were wounded in different ways.

As I reflected on the expression "wounded," it occurred to me that we are all "wounded" in some way - by disappointments, hurts, fears - injuries both physical and emotional. We may not talk about them, and probably often forget them. But some of the things we say and do originate in the deep places of our hurt and sadness.

I wonder... How much more gently would we treat each other if we remembered that we are all "wounded," bearing the pain of past injuries in our lives?

2 comments:

  1. For more on this thought, you may want to read Fr. Henri Nouwen's (sp?) book, 'Wounded Healers'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll keep my eyes open for it.

    ReplyDelete