Sunday, October 18, 2020

Thankful (for the Flu Shot)

I get the flu shot most winters. I remember the first time I got one. I was teaching in a large school. One day, after classes were over, public health nurses set up vaccination stations in the cafeteria for the whole community to come for flu shots. I went down to get one...

That was easy!

I like things to be "easy" - especially where my health is concerned. I don't like to spend time waiting in crowded places, especially places where people may be sick.

So today I'm THANKFUL that I was able to get a flu shot - without much planning - a few days ago... They are offered for free in pharmacies and doctors' offices... 

As soon as I heard that the flu shot was available, I headed over to my usual drug store - where they were already out of flu vaccine - though more was on order...

That being the case, I crossed the street and went to a supermarket with a pharmacy section. There I met with success! Thankfully, they had the "regular" shots - though they were out of the "extra strength" ones for seniors...

No problem! I'll take a "regular" one...

That was easy! Now I'm #fluless according to the bandage they put on my arm...

Glad to get that done, this year in particular - when we have more viruses around. I may look into getting a pneumonia shot as well - something my doctor recommended a few years ago. It seemed like an unnecessary hassle at the time - it needs to be ordered - but this year I should really get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment