Friday, October 9, 2020

My Favorite Walking Park











My favorite place to walk, these days, is Andrew Haydon Park, in Ottawa's west end. I don't know who planned this park. But they did an amazing job: its views are lovely from every angle.

















Across the river is Aylmer, Quebec - now part of the city of Gatineau.

These days, with leaves changing color, it's especially lovely.















The geese are still around, though there seem to be fewer than in previous years.

They were a real nuisance for quite a few years. Their droppings dirtied the walkways, making them slippery as well.

One evening recently, Terry came with me to the park...










He sat on a bench, binoculars in hand, while I did several loops on pathways.

The park's parking lots are closed in winter, so I want to enjoy it as much as possible before the snow falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment