Thursday, October 22, 2020

A Peaceful Place to Live

Canada has two well-known young men named "Justin" - one, a politician; the other, a singer. I'm proud of both .. but I don't envy them. It must be hard to be so well-known...

I don’t know much about Stratford,” I told Terry and our daughter as we headed there for first time (the topic of yesterday’s blog). “All I know is that people go there to see Shakespearean plays - and that Justin [the singer] grew up there... I wonder if the home he grew up in is a museum...

(Perhaps I should mention that I'm refraining from writing out either of their full names because I don't want a search engine to link either of their names to my blog!)

I checked online, but didn’t find a museum! However I did discover that the singer was born in London, Ontario, the city where my youngest son and his wife met at university. I’ve been there a few times, though not since my son's university days.

I also discovered that the singer still has a home in the region. A few days later we happened to be in the vicinity... 

We didn’t see the house, but the area looks like a peaceful place to live! 



No comments:

Post a Comment