Monday, October 26, 2020

Appreciating Guelph's Beautiful Autumn Leaves

Before leaving Guelph, on Canadian Thanksgiving weekend (October 10-12), I took a stroll around Exhibition Park near my daughter's home.

The leaves were changing colors...

Fortunately they don't all change at exactly the same time, so the season of change is lengthened.






The red maple trees are especially beautiful...







But I enjoy other contrasting colors as well.

At times like this I wish I were an excellent painter...






I wish I could capture the stunning beauty of nature that I experience when I'm outdoors...

But I can't. I always fall short.

One of my early art instructors described painting and drawing as "optical illusion": Artists attempt to draw and paint the illusion of three dimensions on a flat surface...

 



Attempting to draw or paint nature has made me so much more aware of the grandeur of God's living, breathing art work in nature, in comparison to my feeble attempts. Nothing in nature is an illusion. It lives and breathes, changes from season to season, rising up in the spring, dying down in the fall.

Every season, every object in nature is beautiful. Nothing is ugly... Nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment