Sunday, October 11, 2020

Knitting Again!

I love knitting - but in the past few years, I've suffered from wrist pain caused by wooden knitting needles which put extra strain on my wrists.

I eventually discovered that wooden needles, which don't let yarn slide around as much as metal ones do, should only be used with silky, slippery yarn. Otherwise, the extra effort required for knitting can strain muscles.

The weight of the project being knit makes a difference to the wrists, too.

I stopped knitting for a while. Eventually my wrist pain subsided, and I started knitting again - but with metal needles...

Then I recently started to knit a pair of socks for my granddaughter. I was having a hard time not dropping stitches - so I switched to wooden needles again...

So glad I didn't give the wooden needles away. They work well... with slippery yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment