Saturday, October 10, 2020

Growing Succulents

 I don't really need more house plants - but after seeing how some of my small pottery bowls serve as containers for succulents in my daughter's apartment, I thought I'd buy several small ones for myself.

I've never grown succulents before. I went online and read that they should be allowed to dry out before watering. The soil looked very dry when I brought them home from the store... Should I water them?

I dipped each one in a small cup of water, then let excess water drain out before putting them back in the pots.

The next day, they had perked up... So I guess they needed it. My key to knowing when to water them will be to see how perky they look. I'll only water them if they look "flat." Then I'll drain them before putting them back in the bowls so they won't "sit" in water.

A few weeks later, they haven’t died yet - but I’m looking for new growth, a sign they’re doing fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment