Sunday, October 4, 2020

Dividing African Violet Plants

 Most of my African Violet plants were a gift from a neighbor. They were tiny plants, rooted from plant leaves, that eventually needed to be repotted. I loved the challenge of finding the right indoor light and soil conditions for them to thrive. Some didn't - but a number of them have been with me for a long time.

I've tried reproducing them by cutting leaves and putting them in water to develop roots. But I currently have enough plants, so I haven't done that in a long while.

But some of them were looking crowded in their pots. 







They seem to have developed second and even third plants in one pot - so I decided to divide them, putting each plant in a different pot.

Would they survive being separated?






I hope they all thrive in their new pots - separated from the parent plant. This one, in particular, looks as if its leaves struggled to find a place in the sun in the previous pot. Hopefully it will fill out now.


No comments:

Post a Comment