Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Winter Boot Update

I own several pairs of winter boots and wear different ones, depending on where and how long I plan to be walking on ice and snow.

My most comfortable pair of boots is this suede which I wear when I expect to be walking outdoors for a while - then heading indoors to shop. They're not too hot or constricting for indoor wear. But they're not good when I have to step in puddles.













I bought this second pair of suede boots after doing online research on slip-resistant soles. Tests showed them to be the best. There was a negative comment about them - that they weren't all that comfortable to wear all day long.

After having walked for several hours in them, I'd have to agree - though adding cushy insoles might make them more comfortable for prolonged walks.

After I posted my blog on my hunt for good non-slip boots, one reader wrote to tell me about the  ice cleats she was now using for winter walking.





When one of my sons asked me what I'd like for Christmas - I suggested the cleats.

They are called Stabil Icers.














I didn't wear them a lot this winter, mainly because Terry didn't want me out walking - in case I'd fall. But this spring he has needed me to help him with drainage issues caused by snow melting - then re-freezing.








They were amazing! Walking around on glare ice without the slightest slippage, I felt as confident as superwoman! (Normally that's not me in winter!)

They attach and detach very easily from boots as well, unlike other cleats I've owned.

Everyone in Ontario should have a pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment