Saturday, March 30, 2019

Spring Raking Ahead!

The temperatures are slowly moving above freezing - but (fortunately) not so quickly as to cause spring flooding.

As I survey the snow in our own yard, I see it is receding a bit...

My garden boxes are beginning to emerge from the snow...

But I also notice pine needles, pine cones and even dead branches strewn over the yard. Is it a winter's accumulation? Or are spring breezes bringing them down?




I'm not sure. But I do know that, once the snow has all melted and the ground is dry, Terry and I be busy for a while raking.

In spring and fall it's normal for us to have half a dozen garbage bins full of yard waste every garbage day.

Regular garbage and recyclables are collected bi-weekly. But every week our yard waste and anything else that can be composted are taken away.

No comments:

Post a Comment