Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Latest Pottery Batch

My winter activity, from January to April, is "playing in mud" in a pottery studio.

I do this two afternoons a week - once, making pots on the wheel... The other afternoon, doing hand-building. I enjoy it - and, in the end, bring home the fruit of my labors...

Here are my latest...












I particularly like the green glaze on these brown clay pots. When I sent a photo to my daughter, she commented that it looked like copper turning green.

Most of the pots are yellow... a glaze called "buttercream."






I was pleasantly surprised by the interesting effect of the glazed inside of this hollow head pot...

Not sure that it's visible here, but the blue glaze appeared through the small holes in the eyes, giving the eyes a bit of blue.












What is that pot for? Terry asked...

I'm not sure - maybe as a vase for a bunch of dried flowers. Or maybe for holding change... 

It's always fun to see how things turn out! Often, there are surprises - not always pleasant - like the cracked "scar" on the forehead...!!

Clay is sometimes unpredictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment