Thursday, March 14, 2019

How Far Can I Walk?!

Early this winter we had freezing rain - which left a slippery base on roads and sidewalks.

From time to time, together with snow, more freezing rain would fall - leaving people like me (who don't want to risk falling) with limited walking options...

It has been so bad that one local resident, a man about my age who lives alone, hadn't been out of the house all winter. A concerned neighbor recently called the police, who came and cleared his driveway and walkway. The man was fine - living off food he happened to have in the house...


(I wonder how many more such stories will emerge once the ice melts!)

Fortunately Terry has managed to keep our driveway clear - or at least passable for me to get to the car. Then, to get exercise and walk, I drive to a shopping center...

But finally the ice is beginning to disappear... and yesterday I walked down the street, avoiding icy patches.

How far could I get before being blocked by ice? About half a block...

At that point, I headed back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment