Saturday, March 23, 2019

Good Organizing Tips

My winter reading has included both Marie Kondo books - The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up and Spark Joy.

I have picked up useful organizing tips from both books... though her infectious enthusiasm for tidying is probably what has motivated me the most!

Among the tips I've found most useful are her suggestions to:
  • Fold or roll clothing and towels and store them in an upright position, rather than on piles.
  • Use boxes and containers I already have on hand for organizing rather than buy new ones.
  • Gather similar objects together and store them in the same place... One group of items I now store together are my glucose testing materials - including the log books I've kept since 2005 to write down my fasting blood sugar levels every morning. I now realize that I did a much better job of controlling my sugar levels before I retired...  Why? I wonder... Was it that I had less opportunity for snacking? Did my day involve more walking? Or is it simply an age thing? (I tend to think it's the first two...)
  • And of course, I can't forget a very powerful tip: visualize how I'd like the house to look when I'm done... which has me enthusiastically working on the project!

No comments:

Post a Comment