Monday, December 18, 2017

Winter Art

I avoid looking at winter snow paintings in summer...

I don't want to be reminded of my least favorite season once the snow is gone!

This winter scene was completed in my first acrylics class.







Here is another winter scene: a laminated post card of Terry's hometown church, in Lennoxville, Quebec.

I bring it out in winter.













And here is a framed print Terry was given in appreciation of his many years of work, before he retired. It's shows skaters on the canal.










My most recent painting - of cardinals in winter - will only be out as long as there's snow on the ground!
Like art on display at the Miller's Oven tea house in Manotickpaintings should be seasonal!









Once the snow melts, I put this warm throw away, too.










Who wants to be reminded of white snowflakes when they're gone?!

No comments:

Post a Comment