Wednesday, December 27, 2017

A Button Store... in Montreal

I'm on a "knitting fast" - until January, due to tendinitis in my wrists. But I hope to get back to knitting again before long. In the meantime, I still have knitting plans... and I need some dramatically large buttons for several sweaters I hope to knit for myself this winter.

Last winter I knit this orange one. I liked the pattern so much that I plan to make another in green. I thought it would look more interesting with larger buttons. But large buttons are hard to find.

On my last visit to Montreal, I hunted for some.
Checking online, I discovered that Montreal has several shops devoted to buttons.

We headed over to the closest one...
A large button sign above the door assured me that I was at the right spot!

I ended up buying three sets of three large buttons (seen in the picture above).

You should really bring in the sweater, the owner said when I told her what I was looking for...

Yes... But I didn't know I'd have time to shop for buttons... And the sweater isn't finished yet!

On my way out the door, buttons in hand, I noticed a collection of vintage wooden hat forms...

Are they for sale too? I asked.

They were!

Hats! Another hobby I'd like to try sometime...

(But not right now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment