Sunday, December 3, 2017

Thankful I Can Still Go For Walks!

Three light snowfalls have fallen - and melted - over the past few weeks.

As I type this, streets are bare again! I'm so thankful that I can go out for a walk without the fear of slipping.

I try to take a long walk every day...

I often walk to the library, about a mile away. Sometimes the weather is cold, but I really don't mind.





A few days ago, I had coffee with a few former colleagues. (We try to meet up every few months.)

I was surprised to hear three of them complain that they could no longer walk for exercise. They talked about knee replacement and hip replacement surgery...






I've had periods of time when my legs were sore and walking was painful. Fortunately, in my case, changing to different shoes solved the problem. Now, whenever my leg hurts, I look at the shoes I was last wearing, put them away for a while, and begin to use different ones. If my legs are sore, I make a point of wearing different shoes every day.

In the house I always go barefoot, or with socks on. I've always believed that shoe-less is healthy!

But I also know that good health is a gift! 

So I'm also thankful that no physical ailment prevents me from walking somewhere every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment