Saturday, December 2, 2017

What Do the Trees Know?!

Now that December is here, I'm surprised to see so many trees in our neighborhood that haven't dropped their leaves yet...

As I take walks, I notice that many trees have bare branches - like the ones in the distance in this picture - but a large number still have leaves.














I used to assume that trees that didn't lose their leaves weren't healthy.

Perhaps they are dead...









But so many healthy trees - including our front yard weeping cherry, which I assume is healthy - still have an abundance of leaves...

Terry suggests that they were so well-watered this year, both with heavy snow melting in spring, and regular rainfall all spring and summer, that this boost has given them renewed health...

I don't know...


I prefer to think that trees know something that we don't know... Perhaps that winter will arrive late this year?!

(Here's hoping!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment