Sunday, December 24, 2017

"Marshmallow World"??

I remember a conversation I once had with my sister-in-law, a Texan.

When it snows in Texas, we put bowls outside to catch the snow. When the bowls are full, we add cream and make ice cream. Do ya'll do that in Canada? she asked.










I've never heard of that, I replied. We think about the speck of dust that every snowflake is built on, and the polluted air that it floats through. It doesn't seem all that clean to us - though children sometimes open their mouths to catch falling snow on our tongues.







That conversation comes to mind when I hear the winter feel-good song, "Marshmallow World"!

Whenever I hear it, I think: Some people have obviously never experienced snow... except in a picture!

But on second thought, winter might be more bearable for me if every snowfall meant more ice cream - preferably Ben and Jerry's!

No comments:

Post a Comment