Wednesday, December 6, 2017

My First "Paint Night"

I recently attended my first "paint night" - where an artist leads a group of people, and everyone attempts to all paint the same picture...

We are shown what the finished project should look like. The artist then walks us through the steps...

Everything is provided - canvas, paints and brushes needed.








It usually takes a few hours. It goes quickly because all the decisions have been made: what colors to use, composition.

It was a fun, social experience. I even picked up a few painting tips. (An undercoat of white makes the second coat look brighter.)







Then there was the adrenaline rush of working quickly, not having time to think too much...

Some "paint nights" include a glass or two of wine - but ours didn't...








We were all happy with our "works of art"!

I'm definitely ready to try it again!




No comments:

Post a Comment