Friday, November 1, 2013

A Beautiful Toronto Drive

It always amazes me to see this wooded parkland along the 15-kilometer (9-mile) Don Valley Parkway stretching between downtown Toronto and the highway.














Here, in the heart of the city, all around me, I see...














... trees!














It's particularly beautiful at this time of year, with the leaves changing colors - even in the rain.














Sometimes my thoughts return to the first time I drove down this busy road. Alone in my yellow Honda Civic, nearing the end of a six-hour trip from Montreal, I sensed the car losing power. When I turned down the parkway I was literally praying the car wouldn't stall!

Just after I exited the parkway, it did, on Broadview. I managed to steer it over to the side of the street. Fortunately, it started again, stalling for the final time as I rolled to a stop on Hillside Drive, right in front of the apartment that was to be our home the year Terry was a student at the Institute for Christian Studies.

(Little did I know that my gas-line filter was clogged!)

No comments:

Post a Comment