Thursday, November 14, 2013

Drawing... a Cabbage?!

In my "Fall Harvest" painting class, I have been sketching and painting garden squash of various shapes. (After a month of that, I'm a little tired of looking at squash!) So when I spied this savoy cabbage in the supermarket, I knew I wanted to paint it!















It's probably too complicated for me - at my level of ability. It's so easy to get lost in the leaves. I look up - try to remember what it looks like. Look down to draw. Then look up again and... try to remember which which leaf I was drawing!















I'm not totally happy with my first sketch. (I'd like it to look as realistic as a photograph.)















But the exercise of drawing an object involves examining it very carefully. Hopefully some if its structure will still be in my mind when I sit down to try to paint it.

No comments:

Post a Comment