Friday, November 8, 2013

Basket Storage Idea

After coming across an interesting storage idea in a Martha Stewart magazine - to use steamer baskets (used for steaming veggies in Asian cooking) to hold sewing supplies like needles and thread - I have been on the lookout for small baskets with lids. (The magazine suggested painting them to make them look less like steamer baskets.)














I came across other sets of small baskets at Ikea - so I decided to give them a try.














Great for hiding sewing supplies in plain view in a non-sewing room!















I'm still on the lookout for steamer baskets.














Baskets of all kinds are so much prettier than the re-purposed  plastic food containers I currently have all over the house. (They are such a convenient size and shape!) I guess if I were really concerned with how they looked, my re-purposed food containers could be painted, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment