Wednesday, November 13, 2013

First Snowfall: My Winter Fears Begin!

Our first snow for this winter arrived last weekend - and I could immediately feel myself tense up!














I hate driving on icy roads - and you never know where patches of ice exist under the snow. Of course, freezing rain can be even worse! I have a vivid recollection of turning left out of a shopping center parking lot not long after freezing rain had begun. I was driving very slowly, but my car still skidded up onto the sidewalk!

Fear of losing control - that's my winter driving nightmare. And it can happen in an instant! That's why I wanted to invest in winter tires this year... In Quebec, they are the law for winter driving. Anything that makes for safer driving is - in my books - worth the extra expense.














So - although rain replaced the snow the following day, winter rainfall can easily turn to freezing rain!














Or it can turn soft snow to ice! That's no comfort either!

No comments:

Post a Comment