Monday, October 28, 2013

Last Flowers of Fall

I love the first flowers of springtime. They fill me with hope and joy!














But these days I appreciate the last flowers of fall: The hardy few that have survived a few nights of frost, like the blue scabiosa that are still blooming (above)...














... a handful of Knautia...














 ... the few geranium flowers that have returned for a second time.














And this bunch of pink Achillea, still blooming in my side garden. They're not as showy as the black-eyed Susans I saw still blooming in a neighbor's yard, but pretty nonetheless.














I also appreciate the red sedum flowers that have stopped blooming but continue to hold their pose all winter long, even when covered with mounds of snow. As they peer through snowbanks, I admire them - and appreciate them most of all! They just never give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment