Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Graduation Celebration

My high school graduation was a big family celebration. It marked the end of my life at home. I was anticipating the next phase of life -  moving away to university. That path led me half way around the world, where I eventually graduated with no family at my side. That was one time I wished they were near...













Remembering what it was like to celebrate alone, I like to be there whenever any of my children walks across the stage.














It's a time to celebrate the end of an era (being a student) - and remember those who have taught you and those behind the scenes who have proof read your papers and encouraged you on.














It's our day, too: Parents, family, friends... husband or wife.














Good luck, all you future journalists! We're counting on you to tell it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment