Saturday, October 26, 2013

Cranberry Orange Muffins

Now that mornings are cooler, time to make muffins again! Here is a recipe I tried recently, portioning a "Cranberry Bread" recipe into muffin tins. I mixed the dry ingredients together first, then added the liquid ones.

1. Mix together:
  • 2 cups (500 ml) flour. (I used a mix of whole wheat and spelt.)
  • 1 cup (250 ml) sugar
  • 2 teaspoons (10 ml) baking soda dissolved in 2 tablespoons (30 ml) hot water
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons (8 ml) baking powder
  • 1 cup whole cranberries (I used frozen.)
2. Add:
  • 1/2 cup (125 ml) orange juice
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil













3. Mix and portion into muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20-25 minutes. Test with toothpick.

Delicious!














(Next time, I might sprinkle some sugar on top before baking.)

(The Cranberry Bread recipe was taken from the cookbook, Mother's in the Kitchen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment