Monday, May 28, 2012

Shades of Purple... and Pink

My front garden is in "stage 2" - turning shades of purple.









The carnations (above and below) are actually pale mauve.












I planted them when I created this front garden bed, and I'm happy to see them still going strong.













The irises (originally from my friend Janet's garden) are also beginning to bloom...


The pink bleeding heart (from my neighbor, Rob's garden) is still in bloom beside them.










These small irises (the first to come out) have finished blooming. Now other varieties are taking their place.











I don't have any lilacs this year. I cut mine back drastically. But they are all around in neighbors' yards.

















White flowers stand out in the dark...



But colors also add so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment