Friday, May 4, 2012

Oeufs en Cocotte (or Eggs in Ramekins) - Part 1

I had a delicious lunch today, my daughter informed me. And it was so easy to make.

What was it?

Well basically, it was eggs and veggies baked in a ramekin... So easy...

(So I tried it for myself. Here is her recipe...)

 












1. Put some veggies in a ramekin. I used 2 cherry tomatoes, 2 sliced mushrooms, uncooked baby spinach. If you wish, you can lightly grease the ramekin with cooking oil first. (I didn't - but it may make cleaning the ramekin easier later on.)














 2. Drop a raw egg on top.














 3. Add some cream or half and half (I used whole milk.) and a dollop of butter.

4. Sprinkle with spices to taste (eg. pepper, herbs)














5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15-20 minutes, until the eggs are done to your liking (runny or hard).


















She was right! It was easy AND delicious warm (with a salad and strawberry smoothie for supper)...














... and cold. I had another cold for breakfast the next morning.

(More about "oeufs en cocotte" tomorrow!)


No comments:

Post a Comment