Tuesday, May 22, 2012

If You Want To LEARN... Start a BLOG!

When I started this blog over three years ago, I had no idea where it would go or what I would write about every day. I also didn't realize how much I would learn, not only from trying to formulate my ideas in writing, but from others responding to what I write...

A while back, I wrote about strange "laundering" instructions that came with my daughter's new Thvm jeans. The accompanying tag said to wash only when absolutely necessary - instead, to freshen them by placing them in a freezer (in a sealed plastic bag) overnight! Why?!! I wondered. Before long the answer came back from the company. In a comment on my blog post they replied: to kill the bacteria that causes bad smell, of course! (Hmmm. Would that also work with shoes?!!)

Another time, I was puzzled by the way some of my peonies looked after the rain. Commenting on my post, a reader informed me that there were two kinds of peonies, single and double. The ones that had flattened were apparently single.

And a few months ago, after writing about my mother's striped HBC blanket, wondering why it only had three stripes when current ones seem to have four, I received a reply (in the form of a comment) from the company historian: Because my mother's is a knock-off, of course!!

(The things you learn when you blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment