Friday, May 18, 2012

The Musée des beaux-arts de Montréal


On our last trip to Montreal, Terry and I visited the Museum of Fine Arts (Musée des beaux-arts) on Sherbrooke Street.














 I wanted to see the colorful (visiting) Lyonel Feininger exhibit...


















... but we wandered into other collections as well. 















I did a double-take when I came across this "work of art." I don't know who  created it - but he or she apparently doesn't like RV's... (This one is shot full of arrows!)


















There are so many rooms of exhibits, it is impossible to see everything in one visit. I definitely need to come back.


















The most memorable part of the building itself is the grand staircase in the oldest part of the museum... (Fortunately we only had to walk down - not up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment