Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dealing With Dandelions

Every spring I spend an inordinate number of hours trying to dig dandelions out of our grassy areas.















I use a dandelion digger I mentioned in a previous blog post...



















In fact, it gets so much use, I'm on my second digger - the first wore out!














This year I have mastered a method that seems quicker for me. When I dig out the dandelions, I simply drop them on the grass. After a while I have little piles all over the yard.














I let them wilt all day. Later that evening, I pick them all up. I find that, after drying all day, the dirt doesn't stick to them as much. Then I deposit them into compost and water them regularly so that they decompose more quickly.














I hate the chore, but it does provide me with a steady supply of compost!

No comments:

Post a Comment