Saturday, May 26, 2012

Secrets For a Happy Marriage

I have recently come across several secrets for a happy marriage, so I thought I'd pass them on...

My son sent me this one he found on the internet...















Then I came across this advice by American poet, Ogden Nash. He addressed it to husbands (but I think it is equally useful for wives!):

To keep your marriage brimming, 
With love in the loving cup, 
Whenever you're wrong, admit it;
Whenever you're right, shut up. "A Word to Husbands" in Marriage Lines (1964)

The best advice Terry and I received from friends, early in our marriage, was: Never discuss anything controversial after 10 pm.

At the time, we often reminded each other of this useful precept - to avoid heated arguments when we were both tired. But nowadays it's mostly irrelevant: I am always asleep before 10 pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment