Thursday, November 12, 2009

Time to Think About Winter Boots!

Winter is coming! (Or so the calendar tells us!) So far we have had no snow - only early morning frost, as temperatures dip below freezing at night.














Last week the weatherman warned us that it might snow - so I scurried around, gathering my boots in readiness...














It didn't snow! But at least I'm ready.

As I look at them all, sitting neatly in a row - some old and well-worn, one pair with steel grips for ice, all with different linings for different winter temperatures - the lines of poetry (from a sonnet by John Milton) come to mind:














"They also serve who only stand and wait..."


2 comments:

  1. I vote for more literary references in posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do my best - I must say thanks to my grade 9 English teacher who had us memorize a poem a week!

    ReplyDelete