Monday, November 2, 2009

My Daughter, My Teacher

I first learned about blogs from... my daughter! It was she who first told me about blogging and passed on links to a few blogs she regularly read - mostly young knitters, foodies, travelers or fashionistas who shared some of her interests.

Then one day she showed me the baby blog of a friend, and I was hooked! I had the sudden urge to start a blog, too - sharing snippets of my life, writing daily, if possible, and illustrating what I wrote with simple digital photos.

How can I do that? I asked.

It's easy. Go to blogspot.com - pick a template - follow the instructions...

So I did, and she offered suggestions along the way.

Why don't you blog? I often asked her. You have a lot to share...

She wasn't ready, I guess. Still she continued to read blogs and pass on interesting posts she came across. And of course, she continued to read mine and offer her advice.

Well, recently she started her own illustration business, and this past week, she even started to blog!

So, for those of you interested in fashion, ... here it is - the new blog of my blogging "mentor."

No comments:

Post a Comment