Saturday, November 7, 2009

S-L-O-W-L-Y it will get done

Question: How do you eat an elephant? Answer: One bite at a time...

Question: How do you finish a quilt?














Answer: One stitch (then one square) at a time...

Making a quilt is a little bit like renovating a house, writing a book, or... eating an elephant. There are so many tasks (bites!) that I sometimes despair of ever finishing. And I have to remind myself: simply take it one step at a time, even when you can't see the end in sight.

Not long ago (in June, I think) this quilt was a jumble of squares lying on the rug...














I wasn't even sure if I liked the way it was turning out...

But it's growing on me! And I see the end in sight! (Now to put the binding around the edge...)














S-L-O-W-L-Y it will get done: The key is not to give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment