Thursday, April 29, 2021

Small Splashes of Color


Slowly my perennial beds are turning green... with splashes of colour appearing here and there.


















In the front yard, several bunches of tulips are blooming. 


















Most years, the squirrels bite off several of the flowers, but this year I’ve only lost one - and I didn’t even sprinkle paprika on them!!!

(The day after I wrote this, several flowers were scattered on the ground...)


















In the back yard, masses of masses of tulip tarda open up when the sun is out. If it isn’t, they simply close up!


















Here and there, a daffodil, some tiny blue periwinkle flowers, and hellebores - all cheer me up! ... And this (below) might be the last scilla of the season in the yard... Each flower’s blooming season ends too quickly!





No comments:

Post a Comment